Flowers, bunting, ornamental features and other types of decorations are beautiful ways for event planners to make an event special. But what can sprinkle a touch of magic onto any event, day or night? Candles, of course! Here, we look at the best types of candles to add something extra special or even make a statement at your next event.Why use candles at events?
Candles offer that deliciously warm glow that can turn any event into a glamorous occasion to remember, and can even change the ambiance of a specific space in your event. Premium candles can instantly make your event romantic, luxurious, and enchanting. If you're planning to use candles at your next event, here are some things to consider:
- How long you'll need the candles to burn. This is important for ensuring that the candles you use last for the entire event - you don't want to have to replace candles midway through a wedding reception, for example!
- Whether the venue has any rules about candles. Some venues don't allow open flames, so you may need to ensure that the candles you use are well nestled into candle holders, or use vessel candles.
- How to use candles outdoors. If your event is out of doors, consider using glass vases that enclose the candles so they stay upright and are protected from any breeze.
- The candles' location. This is often the biggest consideration because you need to ensure the safety of all guests attending the event. You might not want to place candles near food and drink, or where there may be a chance that a guest might knock them over.
- Setup time. Knowing how long you'll need to set the candles up for an event is obviously essential. Don't forget that some candles come in extra packaging, so you might also need to factor in extra time to unwrap them before the event.
These different types of candles can all bring a unique warmth and glow to your event's atmosphere.1) Taper candles
Taper candles can bring a unique style and beautiful ambiance to your event setting. You'll find tapers in a range of sizes and colors, so it's easy to mix and match to get the exact look you're after. Our tapers are hand-dipped, so they have that classic taper shape, are precisely crafted with soft edges, and have a slow, even burn.2) Pillar candles
Using pillar candles allows you to create a dramatic event setting for your guests, especially so when you use different sized pillars and a range of colors. Look for premium pillar candles which have a long-lasting, smokeless, dripless glow, and make sure they're made from a firm wax so that they can stand alone.
[Related content: Using pillar candles to dress up a wedding]3) Tealights
Tealights are typically small and inexpensive, and as they don't drip, they're a great choice for every event planner. Dotting tealights here and there creates a sparkling glow, or you could group them together for a stronger effect. Tealights are a popular choice for accent lighting, and any setting that requires a romantic atmosphere, such as a wedding.4) Candles with metallic features
Some event planners use a candle's metallic shine to light up their event in a brilliant way. Metallic candles provide a shimmering glow - and as our metallic range comes in different shapes (pillars, ball candles, floating candles, and tapers) as well as metals (copper, gold, bronze, and silver, to name a few), there's a lot of potential to create that perfect shine! Metallic candles are especially ideal for weddings, wedding anniversary, and birthday celebrations.5) Mega-size statement-makers
Oversized candles truly make a statement. Massive pillars, extra-large ball candles, and even giant floating candles all add the wow factor to events. You could combine any of these with extra-long tapers for something truly head-turning.
Need some event décor inspo? Shop candles.