It’s that time of year once more. The world suddenly seems to turn pink and fluffy (and expensive), and everywhere you look are festoons of hearts and flowers and loved-up couples. While that can be lovely – especially if you’re in the throes of romance – celebrating with your gal pals has a charm all its own.
Galentine’s Day is the brain-child of Amy Poehler’s character Leslie Knope from sit-com Parks and Recreation. Held on February 13, it’s now a celebration of BFFs everywhere, of “ovaries before brovaries” and “uteruses before duderuses”. So how should it be celebrated?
Our Guide to Galentine’s Day
- Firstly and most importantly, gather your besties! This day is a festival of friendship and celebrating the most important ladies in your life. A fun evening in is just right – and you can even customize your own Galentine’s Day party invites to make it a little more special.
- What’s on the menu? Well…what could be better than tucking into a freshly delivered pizza oozing with cheesy goodness? Plus, it saves cooking and washing up!
- Decorate your space, Galantine-style. Balloons, confetti, rose petals, flowers, tealights, and floating candles – you name it, anything goes on Galentine’s.
- Create a playlist. Include all of your current favorites and old-school throwbacks, songs that remind you of a special or funny moment or a certain time in your lives.
- Sip something sparkling. There’s something rather wonderful about eating pizza while drinking champagne. You could even try some champagne cocktails.
If you’re not hosting a Galentine’s Day celebration this year, why not take your hostess BFF a gift?