Welcome to our final summer challenge! We hope you’ve been enjoying them as much as we have. In case you’ve missed them, they’re all here. Our eleventh challenge is one for the mind and soul…
Challenge #11 – explore meditation
Practicing meditation provides many benefits, including lowering our stress levels, improving focus, and becoming more mindful. Spending a short amount of time each day on internal reflection and concentrating on our breathing helps us to be fully in the present, while being more kind to ourselves.
Unsure where to start? Read this guide on meditation for beginners. It will get you started and help you practice mindfulness, and there are also some handy audio guides to take you a bit further in your exploration of meditation.
Tips for Successful Meditation
- Set the scene - make sure you are in a room where you feel totally relaxed and comfortable. You could light some candles, play calming music, have a window open to feel fresh air on your face, etc.
- The only thing you need is a comfortable mat to sit or lie on
- Close your eyes, or wear an eye mask
- Forget about everything that’s going on around you
- Breathe deeply, taking smooth breaths in and out, feeling your muscles relax. You shouldn’t try to control your breathing, rather focus your attention on it to the exclusion of everything else
Share Your Summer Challenge Story
We’d really like to hear how you get on with this challenge. Share your story with us using the hashtag #CreativeCandlesCollective and by tagging us on social media @creativecandles.