With spring now well and truly here in all its green freshness and first hints of warm weather, Easter is just round the corner. It’s a lovely time of year to entertain houseguests and family, and you can add lots of simple, thoughtful touches to make your guests feel extra special.
From mouth-watering food and gorgeous al fresco table settings to Easter decorations and deliciously cooling drinks, here are our tips for entertaining on Easter.
7 Tips for Easter Entertaining
- Greet your guests with an Easter-themed cocktail – creative, colorful and spring-like, they’re a lovely touch for when your guests arrive (or indeed at any time during their stay!).
- If you’re entertaining indoors, you can bring spring into your home with vibrant green leaves and bright flowers from your garden or local florist. Mix and match your flowers with spring-colored candles for a warm, cosy feel as the day turns to dusk.
- Slow roasted lamb is an Easter essential – and as you can cook it overnight on Easter Saturday, it also frees up some time for you to spend with your guests rather than in the kitchen!
- Give your guest room a touch of spring with new green accessories such as pillows, throws and lampshades. A couple of new pieces can give a room a completely fresh upgrade and will go perfectly with the weekend.
- Easter-themed table decorations are a must for your main meal. We love these jars of carrots and tulips coupled with a bowl of pastel-colored eggs. Dot a few tapered candles in similar shades along the center, and your table will be a feast for all the senses!
- Light a tray full of spring-colored pillar candles in your guests’ room before they go to bed for a homely, relaxed feel at the end of the day.
- Your guests are there to spend time with you, so prepare as much as you can in advance. If you’re organized, you’ll be relaxed and happy and you’ll have more free time. Plus, a happy host = happy guests!
If you’re staying with friends or family over Easter, you can make your hosts feel special too. Take them a thank you gift such as a bottle of wine, specialty olive oil, decadent box of chocolates or unique candle gift.